|Description:||The young boy and girl depicted here, were having a fun time partaking is a wide range of healthy physical activities at an outdoor recreation facility in one of the many metro Atlanta, Georgia suburbs. In this particular view, they were scaling one of the available rock-climbing walls on this wondrously-beautiful sunny day.|
Physical Activity and the Health of Young People:
- Helps build and maintain healthy bones and muscles.
- Helps reduce the risk of developing obesity and chronic diseases, such as diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and colon cancer.
- Reduces feelings of depression and anxiety and promotes psychological well-being.
- May help improve students’ academic performance, including
- Academic achievement and grades
- Academic behavior, such as time on task
- Factors that influence academic achievement, such as concentration and attentiveness in the classroom.