ID#: 22433
Description: Caption:
Following the severe yellow fever epidemic of 1793, the city of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, built the first U.S. Quarantine Station in 1799, on the Delaware River. Known as the Lazaretto, the station was pictured here in this image, captured by Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) staff member, Inanje Mintz. In 2017, CDC celebrated the 50th anniversary of the CDC Quarantine Stations. The photograph was an entry in the 2016 CDC Connects, Public Health in Action Photo Contest, in the categories of Programs–International, and Programs–Domestic.
High Resolution: Click here for hi-resolution image (0.7 MB)
Content Providers(s): CDC/ CDC Connects
Creation Date: 2016
Photo Credit: Inanje Mintz
Links:
Categories:
CDC Organization
Skip Navigation Links.

MeSH
Skip Navigation Links.
Copyright Restrictions: None - This image is in the public domain and thus free of any copyright restrictions. As a matter of courtesy we request that the content provider be credited and notified in any public or private usage of this image.