|This poster was created during a 2014 rise in cases of Enterovirus D68. The graphic entitled, Keep Your Child from Getting and Spreading Enterovirus D68, illustrates how one can minimize contracting the viral illness by performing the following actions:|
- Avoid close contact with sick people
- Wash your hands often with soap & water
- Cover your coughs & sneezes
- Avoid touching your face with unwashed hands
- Clean & disinfect surfaces
- Stay home when youre sick
EV-D68 can cause mild to severe respiratory illness.
- Mild symptoms may include fever, runny nose, sneezing, cough, and body and muscle aches.
- Severe symptoms may include wheezing and difficulty breathing. See the link below for details about Enterovirus D68 infections occurring this year.
Anyone with respiratory illness should contact their doctor if they are having difficulty breathing, or if their symptoms are getting worse.